Wed. 13 July, 2011
Sylvia Hale and Vivienne Porzsolt have been detained by the Israeli authorities because they want to visit Palestine. Please support them. First telephone the Foreign Minister, Kevin Rudd, then the Israeli embassy, then write a letter to the papers:
Contact Kevin Rudd’s office:
Telephone: (02) 6277 7500 Fax: (02) 6273 4112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell them you have 3 questions:
1. What are you doing to reassure the Australian people that the Australian government supports the right of Australian citizens to visit friends in Palestine without being detained and/or deported by the Israeli government?
2. What are you doing to reassure the Australian people that the Australian government supports the right of Palestinians to receive visitors from overseas without those visitors being harassed and/or deported by the Israeli government?
3. Will you be making a public statement supporting the right of two highly respected Australians, Sylvia Hale, retired NSW Member of Parliament and former Marrickville councillor, and Vivienne Porzsolt, spokesperson for Jews against the Occupation-Sydney, to visit Palestine?
Contact the Israeli embassy – telephone 6215 4500 (press 8 for English then 2 for the ambassador’s office)
1. Why they have detained Sylvia Hale and Vivienne Porzsolt at Tel Aviv airport?
2. Why they have not allowed Sylvia Hale and Vivienne Porzsolt to travel to Palestine?
3. Why they have refused entry to hundreds of people from Europe and America who wish to visit Palestine?
Former Greens MP, activist detained in Israel
Israel blocks pro-Palestinian ‘flytilla’ activists
Israel airport arrests